(New 2.1 features are shown in this colour.)
- No limits on number of files,
line length, number of lines, file size, or number of windows.
- Syntax highlighting -
automatically detects the language type based on file extension.
- Print / Preview with full colour
or 'Pretty printing'.
- Long filename support.
- Tabbed user interface for
easier navigation of open files.
- Language sensitive menus.
- Context menus (configurable).
- Transparent support for DOS, UNIX, and Macintosh format files.
- Middle mouse scrolling support.
- FTP open / save allows you to edit
files on remote computers seamlessly.
- Files history support. The
settings, bookmarks, and file locations are remembered for the (default
100) previously edited files.
- Dockable windows.
- Save and restore state between sessions.
- Line numbers display/printing.
- Show invisibles characters.
- Open associated file.
- Automatic reload of externally edited
- Autosave, crash-recovery, and
auto-backup all reduce the possibility of losing work.
- Built-in encryption - keep documents
safe from prying eyes.
EASY TO LEARN / CUSTOMISATION
- Simple Windows compatible user interface.
- Comprehensive online HTML Help.
- Tutorials covering main editing functionality.
- Comprehensive preferences allow you to edit the way you want.
- Full-featured dialog boxes with help.
- Customisable menus, toolbars, and key-bindings (shortcut keys).
- Customizable Dockable Toolbars - Toolbars can be docked to the left,
right, top and bottom or can be free floating. You can also modify or
create your own toolbars.
- Edit in Living Colour! - with configurable colours and fonts (bold,
italic, and underlining).
- File Export to HTML format - in colour!
- Color shemes - you can have multiple screen colour schemes.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Drag 'n' drop editing supported.
- Comprehensive editor commands
- Tabify / Untabify.
- Block indent/outdent.
- Goto match (parenthesis or matching pattern).
- Goto line.
- Change case commands (upper, lower, toggle, and capitalise).
- Align commands (left, right, centre, and justify).
- Line wrap & Word-wrap
- Tab-size adjustable on a per file basis.
- Line numbers display/printing.
- Drag 'n' drop editing
- Macros - extend the editor's functionality. Macros can be recorded, and
assigned to keystrokes in exactly the same way as built-in commands.
SEARCH & REPLACE
- Search & replace with Perl compatible regular expressions. Whole words,
match case, and keep case options.
- Find-in-files (grep utility) with Perl compatible regular expressions.
Double-click on a matched line and jump to that file directly.
- Complete Perl compatible regular expression reference, with examples.
- Find text highlighting.
- Find combo box on toolbar.
TOOL INTEGRATION & PROJECTS
- User / third party tool support. You can run other programs from within
PrEditor on files that you are currently editing.
- Project support allows you to...
- Organise your files into neat packages. All you have to do is
tell PrEditor which files, the project directory, and how to
build the project.
- Run your compiler from within PrEditor. Tell PrEditor how to
interprete the error messages, and it will jump to the correct
file and line number within the file.
- Multiple projects, multiple project configurations.
- Environment variable aware.
- Tags support - to allow you to browse
through classes, methods, and variables in your project.
- Integration with Visual C++.
- Open files in PrEditor from within Visual Studio.
- Convert Visual Studio workspace and project files to PrEditor
- Pre-defined syntax colouring for the major programming and scripting
languages (including C/C++, Java, Pascal, SQL, Perl, HTML, etc.). More...
- Easy to customise your own language.